Monday, November 8, 2010

Protein... Candy!

Eventually I might stop raving about coconut butter... but it won't be anytime soon.

I have a hard time getting in all the protein I need, so I came up with this little combo. Well, I kind of came up with it, but not really at all. Mostly it was Heather and Katie.

Anyway...



2 TBSP Artisana Coconut Butter
1 Scoop Whole Foods 365 Whey Protein Powder (I used Natural Chocolate Flavor)

Melt the coconut butter and stir in the protein powder. The result will be very loose. Press it into candy molds or ice cube trays. I bought these from Ikea a couple of years ago and they've been sitting in the cabinet since then.



Then I threw it in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes. You can just put them in the refrigerator and they should set up fine, but I was anxious to test them out. This is also why you see six candies instead of the seven that I made!



I will definitely be snacking on these again. The amount of fat and calories in these babies is a little painful to me, but I keep reminding myself of all the extra protein and the fact that it's coconut oil so it's a GOOD fat. Plus they taste really, really good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww thanks for the shout out. I think your protein idea is GENIUS!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me, CCK :).
It won't let me sign in.